Halloween Memories Shadow Box - American Crafts DT




Hello and happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you have a great day! Let me make it even better with a shadow box inspiration! This week we are focusing on Halloween on the American Crafts blog
and sharing diverse projects for documenting Halloween memories. Maybe you wonder which collection I used for this project… Well, these pretty orange and gold patterned papers and embellishments are from the new Star Glazer collection from Dear Lizzy. It's pretty easy to match the embellishment pieces and color shades to fall-themed layouts or other fall-themed scrapbooking projects.

The base of the shadow box is 100% handmade. I altered a former wood frame with adding some wood divider and painted them with acrylic paint. The inner wood grid is removable, this way I can use the frame in the original function



I started the decoration with the title. The big paintable cardstock words are so versatile, I love the fact that I can do with them whatever I want! This time I used watercolor for paining the ’memories’ word into orange and yellow shades. For adding a little gold shine I embossed the letters with sparkling gold embossing powder just here and there randomly.


The large circle title guide helped me to arrange the gold sticker letters into a round shape. I sticked the letters to a piece of acetate sheet and fussy cut around. I adhered the title to the box by the two ends of the sheet.


I trimmed 2 pieces from the Pretty Petals paper and two pieces of the DIY shop 4 collection/gold foiled acetate sheet and placed them to the squares. I arranged my photos to the squares too but wanted to add more photos to my shadow box, so I turned to the ’oldie but goodie’ waterfall technique for creating an interactive photo display. You just have to pull the hindmost paper, and the pages just turn one after another. There are many tutorials about this technique on the net!


On the bottom left I placed XO letters using the big gold alpha stickers. The huge O letter is perfect for framing a tiny picture or an ephemera piece. To the front of the letters, I adhered two orange ephemera pieces. which I turned to tiny pumpkins with adding green leaves to the top.


On the bottom right, I use the thin gold washi tape for creating a striped background and placed some colorful leaves into the big paper clip with star wood icon.


It was so much fun to create this shadow box, it’s perfect for documenting special memories like Halloween. Thank you for stopping by today! 



1 comment: